Saturday, May 15, 2010

Speedy the Cat's Challenge Day

Today there is a new challenge at the MFP Speedy the Cat's Friends Challenge Blog! The challenge today is to use the spotlighting technique. You can read more about this challenge on the blog.  While visiting the blog, make sure to check out the beautiful cards by my fellow blog team members. I would encourage you to play along with us today and each Saturday.
For my card, I used the "Speedy the Cat's Friends" stamp set from MFP.  Anyone who knows me, knows that I love to make cat cards.  For this card I stamped the cat with Tim Holtz distress inks then colored his eyes blue with a Copic marker.  I chose to spotlight the bird by stamping and coloring it, then mounting it on layered circles.  I used Hazelnut Tan and Breezy Blue cardstock  from MFP.  The patterned paper is a fabulous new paper stack from Basic Grey called "Max and Whiskers."  It is all cat and dog-themed papers!  This is a "must have" if you like to make cat or dog cards.   I completed the card by adding Breezy Blue satin ribbon and a cat charm.  The stamps, ribbon, charm, and papers used for this card are all available at MFP. 

6 comments:

  1. Claudine, I've had so much fun visiting your blog and looking at your beautiful cards. Love this one with the cat. Love the detail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claudine - Beautiful! That cat is so awesome - right up your alley..LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh isn't that speedy the cat too much????? i love your card! those papers are perfect and that image is just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you did this challenge, this is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love specially this one.
    Corinne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully done!! Love the image, papers, and charm.

    ReplyDelete