Friday, June 18, 2010

I Did It Creations Challenge Day

It's time for a new challenge at the I Did It Creations challenge blog. This week, the challenge is an open challenge.  There are no rules this week!  Check out the blog for all the details. While you are there, make sure to look at all the beautiful cards made by my fellow DT members. I encourage you to show us your beautiful creation!

For my card, I used a cat silhouette image from Trees A Ward Digital Stamps.  Anyone who knows me, knows that I LOVE cats and I LOVE making cat cards, so I just had to use this cat image.  I printed out the cat in two different sizes (the beauty of digital stamps) and then colored them with Copic markers.  They look as if they are looking at something, so I had to make a "scene" for them.  For the scene, I sponged on several colors of Tim Holtz Distress inks to create the sky and grass.  I masked the sun using a circle punch and colored it with distress inks as well.  I stamped the trees and sentiments with stamps from Mark's Finest Papers.  I completed the card by layering coordinating colors of cardstock, adding the cats, and a few metalic half pearls.    

4 comments:

  1. awesome!!!! Love the "feel" of this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet and peaceful scene you've created here, Claudine. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, absolutely beautiful!

    Hugs,
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete