Saturday, July 31, 2010

Speedy the Cat's Friends Challenge Day

Today there is a new challenge at the MFP Speedy the Cat's Friends Challenge Blog! This week, Vicki has challenged us to make a thank-you card.  You can read more about the challenge details on the blog. While visiting the blog, make sure to check out the beautiful cards by my fellow blog team members. I would encourage you to play along with us today and each Saturday. You just might win a stamp set from Mark's Finest Papers!
For my card, I decided to make a one-layer, clean and simple card.  I rarely make this type of card, so it is was definitely a challenge for me.  I combined the kitty from the "More of Speedy's Friends" stamp set with the flourish and sentiment from the "Flourishes and Frame" set.  Each of these stamp sets are available at Mark's Finest Papers.  I stamped the flourish, then inked up only a portion of the kitty and stamped it inside of the flourish.  The nice thing about acrylic stamps is that you can see exactly where you are stamping.  I colored the kitty and background with Copic markers then stamped the sentiment in black.  I completed this one-layered card by adding two score lines and a row of black rhinestones. 

2 comments:

  1. Nice design Claudine! your kittie looks so pretty framed in that lovely circle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claudine - fabulous OLC! Clean and gorgeous! I am SERIOUSLY going to miss you here at SCF~ it has been a pleasure stamping with you these last 3 months!! Thank you~

    ReplyDelete