Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Digital Tuesday Guest Designer

Today, I am the guest designer for the Digital Two for Tuesday blog.  Each week this site features two free vintage downloads.  Here are the two cards I made for this week.
For my first card, I made a clean and simple card. I thought this house image
would be perfect for "we've moved" cards. I simply printed the image, cut it
out with an oval Nestabilities die, then mounted it on a black oval shape. For
the base of the card, I ran it through a embossing folder from Stampin Up. I
completed the card by adding a computer-generated sentiment and a few black
rhinestones. These "we've moved" cards would be fast and easy to
"mass-produce."

 For this card I wanted to create a holiday/winter scene. I printed the house,
colored it with Copic markers, then used Tim Holtz distress inks to distress the
edges. To create the winter feel, I added Flower Soft snow to the roof, bushes,
and trees. The papers used are Always Artichoke, Cherry Cobbler, and Deck the
Halls DSP by Stampin Up. I cut out the green panel with a Nestabilites die then
ran it through a Cuttlebug snowflake embossing folder. I completed the card by
adding a ribbon, snowflake charm, sentiment from Mark's Finest Papers.

No comments:

Post a Comment