Saturday, December 11, 2010

Vintage Ornament

I made this card with a newly-released vintage ornament stamp set by Our Daily Bread.  It works perfectly with the Spellbinders ornament dies.  I stamped the ornament, colored with Copic markers, cut it out, then inked it with Tim Holtz distress inks.  Very simple, with gorgeous results!  I made this card for three challenges: 1.  IC262 at Splitcoaststampers.  I was inspired by this photo by Shabby Apple: http://www.shabbyapple.com/p-787-ski-bop.aspx 
2.  HSSCS45 color challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments- Cherry Cobbler, Early Expresso, and Old Olive.  I used Cherry Cobbler and Old Olive card stock.  I think the brown gems and brown distress ink on the ornament could count for Early Expresso.  3.  Our Daily Bread Christmas Inspiration challenge ODBDSLC41.  Here's my inspiration photo:

6 comments:

  1. WOW!! this is totally cute. What a beautiful card. You did an AWESOME job on it. Thank you so much for participating in our HSS Color challenge. I can't wait to see what else you create on our future HSS Challenges. Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, Claudine, this is such a beautiful card!!! Which inspiration picture did you choose? Thanks for taking the time to play along in this weeks Shining the Light Challenge over at ODBD! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you sponged and colored the image on the ornament. You're right the image and the die works perfectly. Thanks so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely stunning Claudine!! I just love your take on the inspiration and your choice of colors and dp. Your details and coloring are perfect! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh that paper is PERFECT with your choice of colors and design! Thank you for joining us in the ODBDSLC!

    ReplyDelete