Saturday, February 5, 2011

Spring is Coming

I am excited to announce that I am one of the guest designers this month at the Sweet n Sassy Stamps Blog, and today is my first post!   I will be posting a card/project each Saturday in February.

For this card, I used the newly-released "Benjamin Bunny" stamp set from Sweet n Sassy Stamps. I thought it would be fun to paper piece Benjamin. To do this, I used three different coordinating papers. I decided not to include the pot and flower that is a part of the Benjamin stamp. I like the effect that the paper-piecing achieved. In addition to Spring cards, I think Benjamin would also be cute on baby cards. I made a "quilted" background by punching squares from patterned papers and mounting them onto a piece of card stock. The papers used are So Saffron, Certain Celery, and Delicate Dots DSP by Stampin Up. I placed Benjamin on the frame made from Nestabilities dies then stamped the coordinating sentiment. I completed the card by adding pre-made flowers, ribbon, and a bunny charm.

Head over the Sweet n Sassy store to see the new "Benjamin Bunny" stamp set, as well as, other new stamp releases.

1 comment: