Friday, February 26, 2010

Another sweet vintage image

I liked the images this week so much from http://digitaltuesday.blogspot.com/ that I decided to make another card using the second image.  My first card can be seen below on the Wednesday 24 posting.  This image was also taken from a 1920's magazine.  Because this image is so detailed I wanted to make the rest of the card simple and subtle.  The papers used were SU's Pumpkin Pie and Chloe's Closet papers by Making Memories.  I colored the image with Copic Markers, cut it out with a circle die, then added a small flower and ribbon. I also made this card for sketch challenge 4 at: http://www.handstampedsentiments.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

  1. Claudine,
    This is the sweetest card I've seen. I absolutely LOVE the image. So retro-ish. It reminds me of a Norman Rockwell painting. The checkered paper is perfect! Thank you for playing along with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning card - love how you have used the circle for the image, and the dp's really match the vintage feel of the image. Congratulations on two great cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It makes me feel like I'm peeking inside a country kitchen. So warm and cozy. I love the image. Your coloring technique is great. Thank you for playing with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your coloring technique is awesome. Congrats on being a HSS Top 5 Artist Pick!

    Genny

    ReplyDelete