Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Princess Kitty with Bling

I made this card for today's SCS sketch challenge- SC269.  I used the Princess Kitty digital image from Karen's Doodles.  For this posh kitty, I wanted to give her a lot of glamour and glitz.  The bold colors used are SU's Pacific Blue, The Paper Company's Shimmery Mango, and Mediterranean Summer collection papers by TPC Studio.  I used an inverted scalloped square die by Spellbinders to cut the mango paper.  I don't have the scalloped square die, so I used the inverted scallop to cut out the blue paper then glued the round parts onto the back of the orange piece.  Sounds confusing, but I was able to obtain the same effect without having to purchase the scalloped squares.  I colored the Princess Kitty with Copic markers and surrounded her with diamonds.  Well, maybe they are rhinestones, but she doesn't need to know that.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment