Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Monochromatic challenge

I made this card for The Greeting Farm's monochromatic challenge.  This was the first monochromatic card I have ever made.  It truly was a challenge at first, but once I decided on the main color shade, I was able to build upon that color.  I used So Saffron cardstock and So Saffron DSP by Stampin Up.  Since Flutter Anya has butterfly wings, I added a few texturized butterflies to fly along with her.  The sentiment "lighten up" is from The Greeting Farm's My Guy Ian stamp set.  The orange satin ribbon came from Build a Bear Workshop when my son made a stuffed owl.  When he took the ribbon off of the owl's neck to throw it away, I said "save that ribbon, I'm sure I will use it."  As you can see, that ribbon came in handy..

No comments:

Post a Comment