Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Digital Two For Tuesday Guest Designer


I have been given the opportunity to be be a guest designer this week for the Digital Two For Tuesday challenge blog!  Each Tuesday, Cora, from Digital Two For Tuesday, offers two free vintage digital images.  You are encouraged to make a card or project with the images.  Even if you don't always want to use the images for cards, the images are very interesting to look at.  Today's two images are taken from a 1923 pamphlet from The Women's Institute of Domestic Arts and Sciences.  Here are the cards I made with today's images.   
For this card, I wanted to incorporate several vintage-looking elements. I used a vintage patterned paper from Graphic 45, a lacey edge punch, eyelet lace, and embossing on the brown panel. I printed the hat image and colored it with Copic markers. I made the satin flower by twisting ribbons and gluing them with a hot glue gun. I completed the flower arrangement by adding eyelet ribbon and a beaded stick pin.
For this card, I used a vintage pattern paper from Graphic 45. I decided to keep the image simple by printing it out and using Tim Holtz distress ink around the edge of the image. I used a vintage-feel edge punch, and added a Prima flower, handmade twisted ribbon flower, and black half pearls.

2 comments:

  1. lOVE LOVE LOVE this vintage card. I love your flower and the black bling is awesome. Amazing cards Claudine

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are gorgeous. Love vintage and love what you did with these images!

    ReplyDelete