Thursday, July 1, 2010

American Eagle

I made this card for today's challenge (WT277) on Splitcoaststampers.  We were to make a fourth of July card without using red or blue.  It also fits with yesterday's sketch challenge (SC287).  The eagle I used for this card is an ultra sneak-peak of the "Regal and Proud" stamp set from Mark's Finest Papers.  Although this set will not be released until August, Faith, the owner of MFP, allowed us to use the set for this challenge, as it works so well with it.  I stamped the eagle with Tim Holtz Distress ink then colored it in with Copic markers.  I used the Cuttlebug star embossing folder and Martha Stewart crown border punch.  All the papers used are from Mark's Finest Papers.  I completed the card by adding twine and a star brad, both from Stampin Up.  Happy Fourth of July to everyone!!

4 comments:

  1. WOW! Wonderful card. Love the colors. 8 cats? You are such a saint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful this majestic eagle. So fine for the 4th of july holiday! I love the twine and silver star Claudine. What fine work. Kindly, Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so lovely, claudine! I love that border punch and twine, but the coloring and bg you did for this challenge are superb!! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is absolutely, positively GORGEOUS!!! wow!

    ReplyDelete