Friday, July 2, 2010

I Did It Creations Challenge Day

It's time for a new challenge at the I Did It Creations challenge blog. This week, the challenge is to use red, white, or blue on your project. Check out the blog for all the details. While you are there, make sure to look at all the beautiful cards made by my fellow DT members. I encourage you to show us your beautiful creation!
In honor of the Fourth of July, I used a George Washington image from Robyn's Fetish.  I printed the image, curled the papers to look like a document, then aged the paper with Tim Holtz distress inks.  I created a flag by using two different Cuttlebug embossing folders.  I embossed the stars onto blue paper, then rubbed a white ink pad over the paper.  For the striped paper, I used my brayer to directly roll red ink onto one side of the striped embossing folder.  I then embossed the paper and it created the red lines on the paper.  I sewed around the edges of flag and further aged it by using more distress inks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment